- The takeaway from this week’s episode is … everything you do and learn is for a reason. At 52 years old you must reflect on this so you can see why you are still here.
- Here’s what this will do for you … you will stop taking your life for granted.
- Here’s what I want you to do with it … to know what you are going to be doing after age 52 start writing in your journal every day because that’s what will show you the way.
Age 52 is the most important milestone in a person’s life.
All people go through major changes at age 52, while many others crossover.
Most start a new beginning, a second life. Almost everything in your life will change at 52 years old. It’s a time when many people feel alone and lost. The children are grown and gone. Possibly the partner or spouse is also gone. It’s a time many find themselves alone in a big house with a desire to start over but don’t know how to go about it.
It’s also a time when everything in your life takes more effort. What about employment? You are way past your prime for getting hired. Many people start thinking about starting their own business at age 52 but, again, have no idea how to go about it. They may or may not have past skills to rely on. Some may have never even had a job before.
They find themselves alone like being on a deserted island. It’s a time of reflection that includes feelings of stress you’ve never felt before. Up to that point, the distractions in your life have kept you busy like; school, marriage, children, the house, the cars, the kid’s lives. Everything you did was for someone else.
Now, there’s only you. You look in the mirror and feel that at age 52 you will have another chance to get it right. But now your health is a concern, along with your finances. What is it that you can do to support yourself? What is it you can do to be of service to others?
This is the time in people’s lives when they seriously ask, “why am I really here?” What is my purpose?
It’s amazing that over the last 52 years you haven’t been able to discover your purpose, let alone why you are here. Now it’s time to figure out who you really are so you can live a life of purpose.
CALL TO ACTION:
- Age 52 is a serious crossroad in your life, so make it count.
- You feel alone in the world and are wondering how to proceed. This is your second chance to do what you came here to do but forgot.
- These are some famous people who crossed over at age 52.
HOW IT WORKS: How come no one ever told you about this second life where everything is destined to change so radically? You could have started a little side business or study group that you were passionate about. Giving it at least 10 hours a week starting in your 30s, by the time you are age 52 you wouldn’t be wondering what to do next, you would be eager to start your second life by living your purpose. However, no matter what your age is right now, you don’t have to wait until age 52 to start living your purpose.
Colonel Sanders started Kentucky Fried Chicken when he was in his 60s. It was his lifelong dream that he fulfilled after retiring from his job. The second half of your life thrives on fulfilling your purpose, the whole reason you came this far. It’s about getting around to doing what you came here to do and how that helps others. If you play your cards right the second 52 years will be worth sticking around for. ~ Linda Deir