- The takeaway from this week’s episode is … if you are giving more than you are getting, or vice versa, you are not living a quality life, which will never lead to a quality you.
- Here’s what this will do for you … why you do something is more important than what you do.
- Here’s what I want you to do with it … to balance your life with this quality in mind, start keeping a journal of your daily progress and setbacks.
How do you reach this … quality you?
Becoming a quality you is someone who lives in the present moment with ease. Normally, people set goals and work toward them. They have the idea that if they just keep working in that direction, one day the goal will be accomplished.
People don’t want to work at something without getting something they expect to get in return. They tend to focus on “getting” something; getting richer, getting slimmer, getting happier. Focusing on ‘getting’ is the wrong intention. You should not focus on getting something, you should focus on becoming something.
Why do you set goals in the first place? Worthwhile goals will motivate you to become the person it takes to achieve them. Therefore, if you are becoming a better person by working on your goals, you would not intentionally cheat yourself by setting your goals too low.
What we’re saying is, if you don’t envision much you won’t become much.
You need long-term and short-term goals. You need small milestones where you reward yourself for achieving them. You are gradually becoming a better person … a quality you. Your long-term goals are there to help you overcome any setback that your short-term goals may present.
Short-term obstacles often get in the way, but your long-term goals must be powerful enough and important enough to overcome the setbacks. The key is to remain in the present moment. This will keep you focused, as you consistently work toward your goal. It’s recognizing the small improvements that will get you there.
Many people are at a crossroads with the economy. They have lost much, including their jobs. They should look long and hard before they take just another job. Find something that your heart connects with, so you become a better and happier person along the way. This isn’t just an exchange of your time for money, it’s being true to yourself along the way.
On your way to your goal, you must be satisfied with what you are becoming. Don’t start out to get something, start out to become something.
CALL TO ACTION:
- It’s important that you understand not only the purpose of a goal, but how you actually achieve them.
- Most people put off fully living in the present moment until it’s too late. They put it off until it becomes neglect.
- People who have a sense of lack can identify all the things want in their lives; they lack money, a loving relationship, a rewarding job, and the list goes on. By focusing on what you lack you bring more of the same to you. How can you ever become something if all you focus on is lack?
HOW IT WORKS: The ‘getting’ part is tied to expectations you have, or see, or have read about. You have been conditioned to want nice clothes, a great car, a perfect mate, and more. You can have all these things you want once you become the person it takes to get them. You set goals in order to become the person it takes to achieve them. Your desire to reach your goals becomes the carrot that brings out your hidden talents and a quality you. It will feel like an added bonus but don’t expect overnight results, after all, this is a “quality you” we are talking about! However, you can outline a goal overnight and work toward it gradually. This is how you eventually become the person who is worthy of that goal. Hoping to change or wanting to change are weak strategies. To change – you must change first … changing your habits, or feelings, or thoughts. That can be the most difficult part of achieving your goals. Having goals, along with the willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve them is how the “quality you” will emerge. When you’re working at what you love this all becomes effortless. Doing what you love and believe in, is all it takes to become the quality you who lives in the moment with ease. ~ Linda Deir