- The takeaway from this week’s episode is … gratitude is essential, and not an option for living a fulfilled life.
- Here’s what this will do for you … you will be able to see where you need to improve your gratitude.
- Here’s what I want you to do with it … gratitude is your compass throughout your life. Without it, you will forever drift around without a solid direction or meaning for your life.
Having gratitude for who you are is a requirement for living a fulfilled life.
However, if you don’t appreciate what you have, how you are doing, and the compensation you receive for doing it you will feel unfulfilled at a soul level.
The reason for this is rather than having gratitude you have expectations. These expectations cannot see the real you because it is preoccupied with what it wants. This discontentment causes you to be critical and demanding of yourself. It pressures you to become more than you are, even if you have to fake it.
This will fail because you push yourself past your ability to do your best when the best part of you is missing.
While it’s good to want to improve, it’s not good to feel you lack in certain areas. This critical and impatient part of yourself who wants what it wants when it wants it is a taskmaster who pushes you to perform, or else. It lacks gratitude for who you are, making your life hard. This prevents you from achieving sustainable performance in your life and your work.
You don’t go to work each morning as someone you want to be someday, you go to work as someone you are in the present moment. Not even who you were yesterday or a year ago but who you are right now. If you see who that person is, and you love that person as they are, you are in the best position to consistently improve.
When you love yourself, your energy is not distracted by feelings of lack. The desire for wanting things is overshadowed by appreciating what you do have. Gratitude, as simple as a concept it may seem to be, is what makes a person whole and gives them the capacity to love themselves just as they are.
CALL TO ACTION:
- Gratitude is your most powerful personal asset and must always be your starting place no matter what you do.
- If you are not satisfied with who you are and do not love what you are doing, then you are doomed to fail.
- Write down everything you do well and love to do and keep doing more of that.
HOW IT WORKS: Are you your best friend? If you are not your best friend, then you do not appreciate yourself. You will not have confidence and your creativity will be depleted. You will be living your life as a fraud. A person who lacks gratitude is spiritually bankrupt. They are not present – missing the connection to their guidance and to themselves. They are unable to live their life from the inside out, from truth and love. ~ Linda Deir