- The takeaway from this episode is … until you learn to trust yourself your true talents will remain unrealized.
- Here’s what this will do for you … understanding what’s been holding you back is half the work.
- Here’s what I want you to do with it … waste no more time living your life in self-doubt.
Your happiness is derived from trusting yourself.
For most people trusting themselves is not easy. That’s because they have been conditioned, since childhood, to do things they don’t like or believe. For these reasons, we will explain how motivational problems reside in your self-doubt.
It started with things like why you should eat your vegetables. The answer you got was, “because I said so, they’re good for you!” By doing things over and over that you don’t understand or you don’t believe in, only builds up a distrust of yourself.
Then, as an adult, you started to beat yourself up emotionally and mentally because you were convinced you weren’t good enough, always looking outside yourself to find happiness. This led you to look for solutions to your motivational problems in all the wrong places – all because you didn’t trust yourself.
This is what spawned a multi-billion dollar self-help industry driven by gurus who prey on your self-doubt. So, once you resolve self-doubt the by-product is happiness, making motivation a moot point.
Motivational problems reside in your self-doubt, whether you seek validation from a professional service or a friend, self-doubt will only be resolved when you find your own answers.
If you can’t trust yourself, you will find it difficult to trust anyone else. So you enter into relationships with people you don’t trust and it unravels from there. You take a job where you make just enough money to get by or make enough to take another vacation to get away from it all because you don’t trust yourself enough to capitalize on your innate talents or creativity. This all results in self-doubt and once you doubt yourself you tend to doubt everything and everyone else.
You need to step back and look at what’s keeping you from trusting yourself and realize that you already have all the answers, talents, and opportunities to capitalize on all the potential inside you. If you don’t realize this, then doubt will become a huge barricade on your path.
Recognizing that your motivational problems reside in your self-doubt is half the work.
Compared to that first realization about doubt holding you back, the rest becomes easy.
CALL TO ACTION:
- Most people beat themselves up because they don’t trust themselves, which only perpetuates self-doubt.
- The older you get the more difficult it becomes to overcome old patterns where you were told you weren’t good enough, smart enough, or good-looking enough and that’s why everyone had to tell you what to do.
- Start by taking an inventory of your talents. Are you utilizing them or are you just working to get paid? What if you could expand your income as well as your happiness by trusting in yourself more and knowing that abundance will flow to you once you start eliminating the doubt?
HOW IT WORKS: Lack of motivation is the first indicator that you are not capitalizing on your innate talents or creativity. This will cause you to miss out on the joy of being the real you in this lifetime. This all started early in your life. It’s rooted in not trusting yourself. You have a lot of unlearning to do so you can reconnect to your true self. Motivational problems reside in your self-doubt, therefore, it’s in your best interest to be patient with your REAL self as you nurture it back into existence. ~ Linda Deir