- The takeaway from this week’s episode is … that this global pause is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to turn your life around.
- Here’s what this will do for you … you will realize what matters most to you.
- Here’s what I want you to do with it … harness this golden opportunity to evaluate your life so you can make a long-overdue course correction.
A great pause button has put the entire world on hold.
A virus, a crashed economy, and having all extra-curricular distractions come to a halt caused the pause of a lifetime. Many people like it because they’ve been working too hard and realize they needed a break, a pause. However, after months of this many people are getting bored with it.
After a few months on pause people now miss all the old distractions, the shopping, watching sporting events, going to the bars, the movie theaters, going to concerts and weekend events, vacations, flying somewhere on a whim, and doing whatever you want whenever you want.
We see this global pause as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
It’s your opportunity to reflect or complain. People no longer have the luxury of making more bad choices. Their time is running out. Their time to realize who they are and why they are here has arrived. This is your destiny.
Getting around to know who it is you really are and why you are here is no longer an option. It’s time to start living a life of purpose. There is no time left to tolerate suffering at a job you hate. This pause button caused you to start new habits and stop old ones.
Recently, you have been developing disciplines in your life so you can begin to face your fears, start writing that book, begin journal writing, exercise, and rest. Some of you have been making amends by talking to people you’ve been avoiding and held grudges against for decades. These are all things you can’t procrastinate doing anymore. This pause button has placed a spotlight on the fact that the world you are living in is an illusion.
You are beginning to live a life of gratitude for what you have rather than mindlessly chasing stuff in pursuit of happiness. Your ability to use this pause time to its greatest good depends on how much the old you struggled, so the new you can emerge.
CALL TO ACTION:
- Document what the pause button stopped playing back from your old life and the recording of your new one. This is your before and after.
- Use this valuable time to stop and reflect. Caution; you will miss it if you don’t write it down to review later.
- Be aware that this pause is meant to eliminate the stress in your life just long enough to show you a new direction.
HOW IT WORKS: Before this pause button got pushed you were always being pressured to do more, do more of the same with less personal meaning in what you were doing. Having less meaning in what you were doing is what wore you down. Until this pause happened you didn’t know how to stop the vicious cycle of never having enough. It was never about having more; it was about being more, so you could make a difference. This requires that you purge the scourge from your life so you can get to know yourself and live a life of purpose. Once you experience this you will never be able to go back to the old you, wondering how you ever tolerated any of that in the first place. ~ Linda Deir