- The takeaway from this episode is … you will have a whole new appreciation for who you are.
- Here’s what this will do for you … once you realize the opportunities from this lockdown you will stop panicking and feel the relief in being present.
- Here’s what I want you to do with it … write down the present moment realizations as you have them. Tell yourself the truth.
The global ‘shelter in place’ mandate has isolated people, giving them a chance to experience something many have never experienced in their lifetime … isolation and shut down of the worldwide economy.
You may debate how and why this happened, but that’s not the point. You chose to be here at this time in history to learn something specific to this lifetime. Regardless of how you feel about what has happened, whether you like it or not, you’ve had some realizations from it.
You may have positive or negative feelings about the stay in place mandate and social distancing, like the fact that you cannot go to your favorite places.
To acknowledge what you realize, break it down by writing it down:
- Were the feelings you have had about staying in place something you expected or not?
- Do you feel glad that you could stay home and rest, catch up on things you put off for years, and maybe even acquire a new skill?
- You have had time to reflect on your job and realized that working from home is the greatest thing ever and you never want to go back to that office with those people ever again.
- You may have even decided to find another career path just to avoid the hassles of driving an hour each way to work spending money on eating out every day, having to buy nice clothes, and keep up the appearance of a professional environment when you are happier working from home in your sweats.
What you realize is only negative if you don’t learn from it. Not learning from it will cause you to react instead of taking intentional action.
You may never again have this large block of time to find out more about yourself than what this rare opportunity offers. You may even discover you like your pet better than most people.
This is a time for you to reflect and document every feeling and experience you are having so you can draw solid realizations to incorporate into your new life. This is a once-in-a-lifetime event.
These realizations could be wonderful, or not so wonderful. That’s because realizations are unexpected. Realizations come through when you are present providing absolute clarity. Once you have these realizations you will have something solid to act on.
Sure, when this is all over you could go back to the same life you had before with the same pressures and distractions and pain and fears about the future. Or eliminate the fears by stepping out of your comfort zone and willingly follow your guidance. Once you are no longer afraid of tomorrow you can focus on the present moment of today?
CALL TO ACTION:
- Realizations happen in unexpected present moments – they are accurate, so write them down.
- Once you have written down your realization you will know what needs to be done.
- You must write it all down or you will miss the progress of your journey.
HOW IT WORKS: Realizations happen when you are awakened. Right now, at this time in history, you are being awakened. Awakening happens when there is a shift in perception. The shift is the global shelter in place, shut down of the economies. Your perception of this shift and how it will change your life going forward depends on how much you awaken from it.
Are you pining for the old normal to restart, or do you realize that the old normal was on its last legs and glad in more ways than one that it’s breaking down? How do you figure this all out amongst all the noise and monumental attempts to patch up the old normal? That’s like hanging onto the side of an old raft that’s waterlogged and sinking.
Once you accept that the old normal is going extinct you can move on. Write in your journal for 15 minutes a day about your new awarenesses, how these new awarenesses feel, and what you realize from them, so you can take the action that’s in alignment with who you really are. ~ Linda Deir