- The takeaway from this week’s episode is … your life will become instantly easier once you let down your guard of resistance.
- Here’s what this will do for you … you will stop making your life hard when it was never meant to be that way.
- Here’s what I want you to do with it … you must document the times when you resist and when you do not. This will expedite your journey through resistance.
Did you ever push against something for so long your arms got tired and your body got weak fighting it, only to give in?
If you believe that your life has a plan and has already been mapped out for you, then you would see how futile it is to resist anything you see coming. It is wasted energy that will deplete you even more.
Think about how your resistance creates your suffering.
The need to control, even when events are bigger than your ability to control them, will not only wear you down but cause damaging stress. Realize that you don’t learn anything by resisting it. Trusting in the natural flow of events requires that you remain fully present and free of expectations. You may actually be surprised how it all works out without your interference.
We can’t reach you when you are in resistance. You have free will, which requires that you let us in. You do not have to listen to our guidance, but it will save you unnecessary pain and suffering throughout your lifetime. It’s our job to see that you have all the support you need but you must want it enough to hear us. Eventually, your suffering will wear you down which could be the breakthrough you needed so you could finally receive our help.
You did not come here to suffer or resist. That would be like starting your car and pushing on the brake instead of the accelerator. Ask yourself what you came here to accomplish? What you are afraid of? Something is causing you to choke up and resist. If you allow this reaction to dominate your life you will miss the point of being here. It’s similar to fear, so face your resistance so you can overcome it and start living your soul’s plan.
All of your struggles reside in how your resistance creates your suffering.
CALL TO ACTION:
- Take 5 minute breaks to concentrate on your breathing. Conscious breathing will release the stubborn habit of resistance that has built up over the years.
- After your 5 minute breathing exercise, take 15 minutes to document what you experienced throughout the breathing process.
- Review what you wrote a day or more later when you can see what you are learning with an objective mindset.
HOW IT WORKS: Resistance feels like you’re holding your breath. It makes you feel disconnected. This disconnected feeling is a nudge from your Spirit Guides letting you know that you are making it harder than it needs to be. This started when you began to take things personally. In reality, when you allow guidance to reach you, it’s not only easier, it’s fun. That’s your soul’s plan. If you can remember, this is how it worked when you were a kid. That’s why being a kid was so much fun. Your resistance creates your suffering and ruins your fun. ~ Linda Deir