- The takeaway from this episode is … you will see how stress took over your life.
- Here’s what this will do for you … you will remember who you were before the stress took over.
- Here’s what I want you to do with it … observe what is causing the stress in your life. Stop allowing stress to control you another day.
The stresses people are experiencing have been building up for decades.
This compounding stress has caused them to be irritable and edgy, quick-to-anger, and so exhausted they can’t sleep. They can’t function at their jobs, are ineffective at dealing with their families, and often look to addictive escapes to combat the out-of-control stress.
This stress pandemic is also contagious. It spreads to your coworkers, to your friends, and family members. Even your pets pick up on it as they become erratic and nervous when they are around you. Having a loving relationship falls short, under the weight of the endless stress you bring into that relationship.
We see four main types of stresses causing this stress pandemic: economic stress, physical stress, emotional stress, and spiritual stress:
- Economic stress has been ramping up since the 1970s. That is when the pressure to achieve, maintain and accumulate more of everything started. This mindset of getting ahead was the beginning of a self-destructive rollercoaster of stress.
- Thriving became surviving which caused physical stress. This pressure caused people to become dependent on alcohol, legal and recreational drugs to deal with the mounting stress. This double whammy of economic and physical stress would manifest into many diseases later in life.
- Then, came emotional stress. This is when depression and anti-anxiety drugs exploded onto the scene. Anger hit an all-time high making road rage an everyday occurrence. People don’t feel appreciated and feel taken advantage of. They feel lost and ashamed. It became difficult to love anyone when you didn’t love yourself.
- Ultimately, all these stressors made you feel lost bringing on spiritual stress. Something was lacking at a soul level. This is where you find yourself today.
Let go of all the beliefs that no longer serve you. Let go of the toxic people in your life and all your destructive habits and unhealthy relationships. Once you let them all go, the associated stresses will go with them.
CALL TO ACTION:
- The stress pandemic is a dis-ease that only you can cure … and that’s the good news.
- Observe the stress each time it shows up. Do not engage, just observe.
- You can’t see it when you’re in it, so write it down. Review it later. Only then will you see the stress for what it is. This is how you will gain power over it, journal entry by journal entry.
HOW IT WORKS: Attachments to the past will only prolong the pain and suffering adding to the mountains of stress that already consume you. Imagine starting over. A new life that allows you to move freely, breathe life in fully, think clearly, so you can start trusting and loving yourself. This is when your Spirit Guides can reach you, creating a better life than you could have done on your own … allowing you to step into the present moment experience. Think back to the simpler times before your adult life took over. Once you move into this “free space” you will look back on decades past and say good riddance to the stress and goodbye to the people and situations that caused the stress that consumed you. ~ Linda Deir