- The takeaway from this week’s episode is … you will think twice before you ever ask someone how they are doing again.
- Here’s what this will do for you … instead of asking someone how they are doing, take a moment to let your intuition pick up on that answer.
- Here’s what I want you to do with it … when you see someone you know, say something like, “It’s good to see you.”
This insight is about becoming much more sensitive to others, so you listen before you say anything.
The customary thing to say to someone you know or just met is to ask, “how you are?” The standard response is, “I’m fine.” It doesn’t sound like people are fine. You can feel it. You can hear it in their voice. In fact, they are anything but fine. This caused an obvious disconnect between you and them – initiated by you. Start listening to your inner guidance system before you ask anything.
By asking them the question, “how are you?”… you have caused them to lie.
You caused them to do something that was uncomfortable for them, causing them to lie about how they really are. Putting them on the spot by asking them how they are, making them lie, is bad for their energy and yours.
When asked, “how are you?” people tend to tell others how they would like to feel. It puts them on the spot. It’s offensive when someone you haven’t seen in a while shows up and says the thing you dread the most, “how are you?” This common, but intrusive question does not build a connection between you and them, so why ask it? This makes it difficult for people to be honest about themselves with you, and why should they when they are encroached upon like this?
There are others, however, who aren’t shy about answering someone when they ask about how they are. They are abrasive and complaining. They feel enormous inner pain and want to off-load it to anyone who comes along.
Asking someone, “how you are?” or “how are you doing?” can be dangerous questions that open up opportunities for lying, exaggerating, complaining, and just plain bad energy. Most people automatically respond with, “I’m fine,” or “I’m doing well” when they know they aren’t. This is lying and that puts out negative energy into the universe that must be counteracted.
The next time someone asks you, “how are you?” or “how are you doing,” rather than lying, you could respond by saying, “some days are better than others” and you would always be telling the truth to them and yourself.
CALL TO ACTION:
- If you have to ask how they are doing you aren’t listening, so start listening.
- Stop asking people how they are doing because that’s intrusive – bad for your energy and theirs.
- Even when someone is doing well, they may not always feel well, so which one do you want them to answer? … just don’t ask.
HOW IT WORKS: Did you ever think that asking someone “how they are doing” was such a bad idea? After hearing this insight from the Spirit Guides it makes sense, especially in these challenging times. Most people aren’t doing well, and it really puts them on the spot when anyone asks them the dreaded question that most people mindlessly ask. It’s important to be extra sensitive and not put people on the spot.