- The takeaway from this week’s episode is … how to stop the relentless chasing, distracting you from what it is you really desire to give.
- Here’s what this will do for you … the best gift you can give and receive is your time.
- Here’s what I want you to do with it … get real with your free will so your time can begin to count, here’s how.
Does your intuition ever tell you that enough is enough?
This is an especially difficult concept to grasp during the holiday shopping season. After all, aren’t the ads the same for this holiday season as they were for last holiday season only prices are cheaper, and the products have higher specs? That’s the nature of things, especially technology. You can buy a better one for less money every holiday season so why do you feel that this is the time to upgrade?
We would tell you that it’s more about your ego than it is about anything you need. What’s wrong with the one you bought last year, or the year before, or the year before that? Does it still work properly? Can you get something like it that’s so much better? What will you do with the one you have now?
The psychology behind advertising is to make people feel that something is missing from their lives. Going out and buying more stuff you can’t afford and probably don’t need is an illness. It’s just as bad as any other addiction. You can’t seem to stop it. You justify getting another credit card and keep shopping to get the next best deal.
The process of consumption consumes you.
You are a small cog in the giant corporation’s profit machine. If you and everyone like you stopped consuming what would happen? Would the world fall apart? Would the weather change? Would you be less fulfilled in your life?
If you can’t imagine not going shopping and even over-shopping during a holiday season you have an illness. It’s an addiction to thinking that stuff makes you who you are.
We have been trying to tell you that stuff is not who you are, “who you are” is the stuff inside you.
CALL TO ACTION:
- If your intuition is telling you that enough is enough, sit back and observe. Observe all the shopping stress. This will allow you to see the movie that your intuition sees playing.
- Instead of playing Santa, play OZ. Be the person behind the curtain who gives unconditionally to the ones who you will never meet, but deserve it.
- Come to an agreement with your friends and family not to buy each other anything next year. Depending on your decision to, spend or not to spend, you will see how much worse or better you feel on January 1st.
HOW IT WORKS: Your intuition works best when you eliminate the stress and pressure in your life. If the people in your life really care about you, they wouldn’t put pressure on you to buy them stuff. If they do, it’s because you allowed it and now you need to inform them that you have changed your mind about all that. Tell them you don’t want them to be stressed out either, that will be a conscious gift of truly caring for each other. Excercise your time and free will, without the stress of stress. ~ Linda Deir