- The takeaway from this episode is … these inevitable changes will bring out the best in you when you experience change from a present moment perspective.
- Here’s what this will do for you … rather than fighting change, use that energy and focus to observe what is going on in the present moment.
- Here’s what I want you to do with it … you must use this reverse approach to be able to even see the changes you need to make in your life.
What is it about change that people don’t understand?
- What makes you desire change? It’s that you are tired or frustrated with your present situation.
- What makes people want to avoid change? It’s because it involves work on your part, and many people think, “I’m not so bad after all, look at all these other people.”
- Another reason is that people don’t see themselves as the source of who needs to change. These people want to be loved and cared for in a certain way, so what do they do? They manipulate others to change to meet their standards. For example, in a relationship, they pick someone who they see as having the potential to fulfill their desires of how they want to be loved, appreciated, and cared for. Next, they try to change the other person to give them that. By the way, this person will always be chasing future happiness. People pick someone where they feel more capable than that person relative to how they want to experience love and appreciation. Then try to change them to meet those standards. This results in relationships where you do all the work for little or nothing in return.
You want to have mutual love and respect in the relationship, not mutual struggle.
You can rescue puppies and kittens because, as the relationship grows, you are rewarded with unconditional love and appreciation. You have achieved what you were looking for. You can’t rescue people, because unlike the animals you must be loved for who you are and not for what you can do for them – that’s conditional.
People must carry their own load through this evolutionary change.
You must rescue yourself, as you are solely responsible for what you need to change. No one else can do this for you.
CALL TO ACTION:
Most people who desire change don’t want to have to change.
They fail to realize that you, yourself, are the source of all change.
People who stay in relationships for way too long, trying to change the other person will never work.
HOW IT WORKS: We are living in a world of accelerated change and uncertainty. You will have no choice but to change with it. When you are connected to the source, your Spirit Guides, your higher-self, and your inner knowingness, this change will bring out the best in you. Resisting the change, by holding on to the past, will cause struggle and you will experience even more uncertainty in your life.
If you are fighting against how all these changes are affecting your life then you are living in fear. If you are embracing the necessary changes you need to make you are living in truth and love – living in the present moment. ~ Linda Deir