- The takeaway from this week’s episode is … you can stop the fear anytime you choose by taking this test.
- Here’s what this will do for you … once you identify the fears that have been controlling you – you are halfway there.
- Here’s what I want you to do with it … now, write down what you discovered because this is just the beginning to becoming free of the fear that the world promotes.
You live in a world of fear, crisis, and lack. The media bombards you with feelings of inadequacy, lack, and want.
This programming is designed to make you feel like you must consume more and more in order to feel at least normal, like everyone else.
The fear of never having enough is what keeps people from having any hope for peace in their lives. People feel they must improve in order to impress others. That means they have to have more, accumulate as much as they can, and have things that are better than everyone else. To get all this stuff you have to spend large amounts of money and time to get it. It’s called getting ahead.
Would you deliberately create a life where you live in a world of fear on purpose? Of course not. It happens unconsciously, through repetitive actions and thoughts.
You discover that even with all this stuff you haven’t changed much. You haven’t become a better person, you are the same person with more stuff, still wanting more. Is there a possibility that what you have is already enough? Can you be satisfied with who you are today? Maybe what you have already is enough. After all, you haven’t become more by buying more.
To pull out of the fear start where you are right now.
You are not what you own. You didn’t come here just to own things, after all, if you can’t take it with you that’s proof that it’s an illusion. An illusion means that it’s not real. What you own will control you if you don’t know why you own it. In the end, what will matter most is who you became in this life and not what you own.
CALL TO ACTION:
- How do you know if you live in a world of fear? This is how you know – do you worry about losing what you have?
- Many people have realized they can’t keep up the extravagant lifestyle they used to have. So now, they feel inadequate or less than who they used to be.
- Stop consuming things you don’t absolutely need for at least one month. At the end of that month reflect on how you feel about yourself not having all those things you didn’t buy.
HOW IT WORKS: If you feel a void inside that you can’t seem to fill then you must stop. Turn off everything that has become a habit for you. Turn off your cell phone when you take walks as a starting place to break your old habits. Your time alone and away from those things that got you so disconnected from your true self will shift over the course of just one month. Yes, it will take at least a month to start gaining control over those habits. That’s when you can start filling the void with the real thing – you! ~Linda Deir